- You need Reports and Stock permission to view Cost of Goods reporting in Loaded. If you don't have access to this module, ask someone with the Manager's permission to update your user permissions.
- Gross Margin refers to the profitability you have when you subtract your Cost of Goods from your Total Sales for the period.
The Cost of Goods reporting suite provides the reports you need to monitor your Cost of Goods and the tools to then accurately keep track of your recipes and the prices you are purchasing your Stock Items for. With this info at hand and the actions, you can take directly from the reporting suite you can take true control of keeping on top of your Cost of Goods management.
Three key reports to manage and monitor your Cost of Goods.
1. Cost of Goods Overview Report - This report shows your actual sales from all POS Item Linked stock items and your Expected Cost of Goods (before any wastage) as a value and as a percentage of sales. This provides you with a real-time indication of Gross Margin for the reporting period.
2. Cost of Goods Products Report - This report breaks down the Actual Sales and Cost of Goods for each individual POS Item. This provides you with a real-time indication of Gross Margin on a product-by-product basis. It can also help provide insight into how discounting may be affecting this margin.
3. Cost of Goods Purchases Report - This report shows you your Total Sales for the reporting period, against the amount of stock both ordered and received. Your Received Stock will also be shown as a percentage of sales. This helps to provide insight into how your purchasing may be affecting your margin. It's also a great way to check whether you have missed receiving any purchase orders for the period.
Watch the Overview Video