You need Time permission to export time clocks and Payroll permission to be able to view pay rates. If you don't have access to this module, ask someone with Manager's permission to update your user permissions.
- The export from Loaded into Ace Payroll doesn't support allowances or departments but it does support exporting multiple roles from a staff member into different pay rates setup in Ace.
- If this is the first time you have completed an import to your payroll system, please read the Exporting timeclock from Loaded article first.
- When setting up staff members in Loaded, ensure that the Staff Paycode in Loaded matches the ID (Staff Identifier) of the Staff member in Ace Payroll under Employee>View Employee Index (This can be accessed by clicking F2 on your keyboard)
Loaded Staff editor
Ace Payroll Staff Editor
- The export from Loaded into Ace doesn't support allowances or departments but it does support exporting multiple roles from a staff member into different pay rates setup in Ace. The steps to set up the multi role export are:
- ensure multi-role is enabled for that staff member.
- for the non-default roles enter 'PR2', 'PR3' etc, that corresponds to the pay rate number in Ace, as the staff roles pay code.
Loaded Staff Editor
Importing to Ace Payroll
- Ensure you have successfully exported your timesheets from Loaded.
- Move the EXPORT.txt file that you have generated in Loaded into the folder where Ace Payroll is installed.
*Ensure that the file name is exactly "EXPORT.txt" because when you export often and have multiple files with the same name, it will be automatically named EXPORT (2).txt and Ace Payroll will not recognise this.
- Go to Utilities>Import data in Ace Payroll and follow the instructions on the Ace Import wizard. If your file is correct, you should be able to just click GO>GO>OK. If necessary you can also review the file by clicking View File.
- Your staff members should then successfully have their correct work hours imported.
If the import doesn't succeed, you will get one of the following errors.
This suggests that there is something wrong with the Pay Code assigned to a staff member, either it doesn't match to anything in your Ace Payroll staff list or it's not entered at all (please refer to Set up, Step 1.)
- If you have a different error notification or need further information, please visit the Import and export specifications article in the Ace Payroll knowledge base.
Other articles and resources that you might find useful.